Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | General Discussion | Changing IP's

AuthorMessageTime
!!!
i need to know a way so that me and my brother have different IP's

So like if he floods in channel in the game starcraft. and i exit b.net it will not let me get in to b.net

like if i was the one who flooded. Its same IP anyways... i need to change it --;

I'm getting internet out of his router Connected with a long ethernet cord to my pc... so maybe if i change my Ip my internet Wont WorK?

Help me on this plz :)

Thnx in advanced
December 27, 2004, 7:34 PM
LW-Falcon
Replug the modem connected to your router.
December 27, 2004, 9:03 PM
iago
Depending on your ISP, you might be able to draw more than one IP from them.  Try plugging your Internet cable into a switch instead of a router.
December 27, 2004, 9:39 PM
!!!
k, i'll try this Thnx

BTW i got comcast Cable Internet, just in case you know something about them...

Maybe i cant get 2 Ip's with that company, but oh well i'll try Thnx
December 27, 2004, 10:39 PM
UserLoser.
I have Comcast, too.  To change my IPv4 address I had to unplug my cable & power cable from the modem and leave it unplugged for several hours.  The next day when I woke up I had a new address
December 27, 2004, 10:54 PM
The-Rabid-Lord
Usually you just disconnect and reconnect and you have one. Thats how it works with me any way!
December 27, 2004, 11:07 PM
peofeoknight
Comcast uses something called longlast ip. Its not static, but it is not dynamic. Naturally the ip will be constant for several months. I can pull a fresh Ip by resetting my modem though.
December 28, 2004, 12:19 AM
crashtestdummy
They will probably sell you a second IP for cheap. Cox does it for 1.99.
December 28, 2004, 3:06 AM
!!!
Yea guys but see, I got 2 computers connected with the same IP, i need to get 1 of them with a different IP.  My point is, I dont want the same Ip on same computers :(

[quote author=muert0 link=topic=10029.msg93678#msg93678 date=1104203210]
They will probably sell you a second IP for cheap. Cox does it for 1.99.
[/quote]

Yea that Could Work, but i dont really know how to get into all of this mess, by calling company and all of that, and if i tell my dad, he wont know what i'm talking about and he'll juz say no, since there is always a hidden fee and so on... ECT...  :O

Ya my life is sucking right now
December 28, 2004, 5:27 AM
hismajesty
What's wrong with two computers having the same ip?
December 28, 2004, 5:30 AM
LW-Falcon
His brother is a moron that floods and gets the ip banned from b.net so when he tries to log in from his computer, hes banned.
December 28, 2004, 5:39 AM
iago
[quote author=!!! link=topic=10029.msg93697#msg93697 date=1104211644]
Yea guys but see, I got 2 computers connected with the same IP, i need to get 1 of them with a different IP.  My point is, I dont want the same Ip on same computers :(
[/quote]
In general, you'll always have the same ip on the same computer :P
December 28, 2004, 7:14 AM
peofeoknight
[quote author=Falcon[anti-yL] link=topic=10029.msg93700#msg93700 date=1104212368]
His brother is a moron that floods and gets the ip banned from b.net so when he tries to log in from his computer, hes banned.
[/quote] Ip ban is completely retarded. It was supposed to stop spam bots, but all it did was make everyones life shit. I also hate how when I leave a game or the host left or something when I go back to the list it is blank. Thats partly why I don't play on battle net anymore.
December 28, 2004, 8:19 AM
!!!
:( i' guess i'll juz stay with this :(

Its that my brothers floods in purpuse... that was juz an example :P
Also 1 Ip can hold 8 UserNamEs cONnected to battle.net and using proxies Its so anoying
The reason why i would have that many usernames on b.net would be for winbotting  while playing, or just have a bunch of names on the channel just for fun.  But oh well if i had a diff Ip then i  could load up to 16. 

Thnx All

::LOCKED::
December 28, 2004, 9:20 AM
Grok
[quote author=!!! link=topic=10029.msg93719#msg93719 date=1104225619]
Also 1 Ip can hold 8 UserNamEs cONnected to battle.net and using proxies Its so anoying
The reason why i would have that many usernames on b.net would be for winbotting  while playing, or just have a bunch of names on the channel just for fun.  But oh well if i had a diff Ip then i  could load up to 16. 
[/quote]

Not sure why this is locked but I will invoke my privileges to provide a reply.  People behind a corporate network, or other LANs with a shared internet connection are often exposed to battle.net from a single IP address.  By allowing up to 8 connections from a single IP address, Blizzard serves a large market of people who could otherwise not play their games.
December 28, 2004, 4:27 PM

Search