Valhalla Legends Forums Archive | Battle.net Bot Development | [RESOLVED] My packet recv function

AuthorMessageTime
bethra
Ok, I am positive that I am sending the correct data buffer to Bnet however I get an error, I'm not recieving any data.  I'm thinking that it is probably due to my function that I use to recieve data from a socket.  Here is the function:

[code]
char* recvPacket(SOCKET sck)
{
int nBytes;
char *tempbuf = new char[512];

nBytes = recv(sck, tempbuf, 512, 0);

if ((nBytes == SOCKET_ERROR) || (nBytes <= 0)) {

delete [] tempbuf;
printf("Recv Failed!\n");
return 0;
}
else {
printf("Message Received.\n");
DebugOutput(tempbuf, nBytes);

return tempbuf;
}
}
[/code]

I am trying to send the 0x50 BNCS packet, SID_AUTH_INFO.

I've successfully sent and recieved the BNLS 0x10 packet, BNLS_REQUESTVERSIONBYTE.  I am very sure that I am sending a correct buffer b/c I've compared what I'm sending to a packet log that I did using both StealthBot and Warcraft III!
December 25, 2004, 3:33 PM
Soul Taker
Well... you have a packet logger... why don't you see if you are recieving data or not?
December 25, 2004, 4:44 PM
bethra
[quote author=Soul Taker link=topic=10014.msg93489#msg93489 date=1103993063]
Well... you have a packet logger... why don't you see if you are recieving data or not?
[/quote]

I said in the post above that I'm recieving nothing.  packet size 0.
December 25, 2004, 5:01 PM
Mephisto
WSAGetLastError()?
December 25, 2004, 5:30 PM
bethra
Hehe, I woke up like at 2:45 AM and then couldn't go back to sleep.  While I was laying in bed I was going over what possibly be the problem.  I thought back to when I had done my bot in VB and 5 minutes later I remember that I had to send the byte 0x01 first, before I send any other data to BNET.  I was so curious to debug and see if this was my problem that I said fuck this and went to my computar.

Guess what?  My problem was exactly what I thought!

phew, I'm so relieved.
December 29, 2004, 12:04 PM
Quarantine
Ive done that before rofl I must of looked At BnetDocs / asked a million friends before I realized I wasnt sending it either . :P
December 29, 2004, 8:24 PM

Search